Re: [Amc-list] engine issues small block AMC

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I've used ainti sieze, but only on aluminum headed ricer stuff.

I put lube or antiseize on pretty much everything that isn't exceedingly
special purpose. A drop of oil on plug threads is enough. They'll torque
funny otherwise, you'd be reading/feeling dry friction. (I don't use a
torque wrench on plugs, but if I had aluminum heads, I might.)

Lugnuts too, "everyone says" dry but I think that's ridiculuous. Torqued
right they're not under any rotational force and will not "fall off".
Factories assemble dry because they are cheap and most of those
fasteners (general chassis crap like suspension bolts, rear spring
perches, etc) never come apart in the lifetime of the car product.

Factories aren't always right (remember left handed lug nuts?) and even
many of their decisions that were right for them making disposable
products then are not right for us maintaining antiques now.