Re: [Amc-list] engine issues small block AMC

Re: [Amc-list] engine issues small block AMC

Armand,

I don't know if there's a chassis dyno in your area, but if there is I'd put the car on a dyno and get a baseline rear wheel horsepower and look at the horsepower/torque curves.  Then you could make some adjustments to timing etc. and evaluate your problem using hard data instead of just seat of the pants (My car was faster when it was younger.) type information.

This winter, since you'll be storing the car you could do some function checks like making sure the carb throttle plates open all the way, and perhaps even check the cam lift with a dial indicator.

Joe Fulton