Re: [Amc-list] Pacer Front End

You might be right Dan, I don't get in GM circles that much! The Monza I am familiar with, I owned one (well, the Pontiac version... Sunbird) for a while, and I helped a friend do a V-8 Vega. The Monza was nothing more than a face lifted Vega, that I know 100%! Same scaled-down-big-car crappy design. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the floor pan and unit body panels (under the skin) weren't identical, sort of like the 58-60 compared to the 61-63 Americans.

-----------
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 13:56:37 -0500
From: "Dan Strohl" <DStrohl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Not to go OT away from AMC, but I'd always read that GM designed the
Monza to take the rotary, then when they couldn't get the rotary
approved, continued on with the Monza just as AMC continued on with the
Pacer, thus the overlap of the Monza and the Vega in the market for a
couple of years. I'd always read that the Citation was always intended
to appear just as it appeared - a FWD, conventional-engined replacement
for the RWD X-body (Nova, Phoenix/Ventura, Apollo, Omega).

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"