Re: [Amc-list] Made a boo boo today

I used to hang a bike rack off the trunk of my Corolla. The weight of
my heavy Tandem bike (an old Chinese-made Fiore) dented the trunk and
chipped the paint. Hmmmm, the clamp-on roof rack dented the roof, too.
Perhaps I just tighten things down too much. Maybe 'rolla's shouldn't
be hauling bikes and kayaks and pirogues.

Anyway, if I decide to haul bikes around again, I'd pop for the
trailer hitch carrier. Or maybe even carry the bike in a small utility
trailer. That way you don't mess up Caspar or your Schwinn Panther
(those are cool bikes by the way!).