[Amc-list] Engine's In

I dropped it in today.  I still need to hook up the fuel, exhaust, linkages.  I will drop the fuel tank and drain and inspect it.  It might have to go to the local radiator shop which still cleans them.   I need to do the brakes and drain the tranny and clean the screen too.  Maybe in a few weeks it will be back on the road.

I had painted the engine bay semi-gloss black because that was the easiest way to clean it up some.  The car started out light blue but had a cheap dark blue paint job sometime in the past.

Frank, your caution about using the flex plate came too late.  I took one from an aluminum 195.6 I have on a engine cradle.  Since many of the aluminum block engines did not see much service before they failed I'm hoping that this flex plate has not been stressed.  It passed a visual inspection at least.

A couple of pics from today:  (you may have to paste these in to your browser.)

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o115/pacerman_01/rambler196ohv/auction11079.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o115/pacerman_01/rambler196ohv/auction11078.jpg

Joe Fulton