Re: [Amc-list] Looking for weatherseal

The only help I can give is for you to contact Peter Stathes and see what he says. Sounds like you might have to do what us wagon owners have to do for the rear side windows -- get a piece of rubber that's the right profile then trim and glue the corners. It's not that hard and works well. The secret is to cut the rubber at least 1/8" longer then compress the ends before gluing. That give some shrinking room. standard contact cement works best, just make sure everything is super clean by wiping with mineral spirits or paint thinner.

----------
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 18:16:57 -0400
From: Jim Boone <fljab@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I need a rear window weatherseal for my '69 Rambler (American).  I have a 2 dr sedan, NOT hardtop and they don't seem to be made as a repro.  Any ideas or leads on a NOS?

Mine is still in decent shape (for being 39 yrs old), but I want to repaint the car and need to pull all the windows; I've got them all out except for that one as I'm afraid to damage it...

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"