Re: [Amc-list] weatherstripping for doors

Re: [Amc-list] weatherstripping for doors

Yeah, I talked to him by email a few years ago and he did not have anything at that time without chrome.
I currently have some older used wiper styles in my doors from a 88 Bronco II.
The length is almost perfct.
The one sweep I see in RS's catalog looks to be exactly perfect for what I want to use.
I've made them up before, so I'l just make up my own.
I want to make sure the width is correct to fill the gaps before I do anything.

Anyone ever try and glue a felt into the track that the leading edge of the front door windows rides in?
It's bent curved and I've not seen any sign of ones being made with new weatherstripping that are correct.
I'm wondering if there is room for a layer of felt or if they could be reflocked.
  Years ago I did scratch free bases on furniture items by painting them and covering the fresh paint with powdered felt. I wonder if that could be done to those leading edges? I know it could be done, but woul dit live more that a few travels of the window up and down?

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>