Re: [Amc-list] TODAY'S AMC PIE-IN-SKY AWARD: $100 Dog-Dish Hub Caps

Archimedes wrote:
> TODAY'S AMC PIE-IN-SKY AWARD: $100 Dog-Dish Hub Caps

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

OK, when I was building my Hornet, I actually bought a lot of these
things. They're the steel ones, not the Gremlin alumimunumumum jobs that
came pre-dented and pre-corroded from the factory.

I don't think I ever paid more than $20 for a set of 4 in good
condition, and I always had the feeling everyone was laughing at me when
I bid on them.

I ended up with about a dozen of them, to get four nearly-perfect ones.
Since some !@!@!$#$hole kicked one in, spares are handy.

$100 for NOS in factory bags, OK, maybe, but that's still a rarefied
buyer...