Re: [Amc-list] Overflow, overflowing

Did you get all the air out of the system? I rarely have a problem with
that, but once in a while, air gets trapped and prevents water from
contacting something in there (head, etc). I put one of thos ePrestone
flush tap things in the literally top-most radiator hose; when I fill
the radiator on my Hornet, with it warming up, I crack the Prestone
thing cap loose, and a lot of air hisses out, then liquid.

Another thing that helps -- and this is so stupidly simple I can't
believe they don't all come this way! -- is to drill a 1/6" or 1/8" hole
in the thermostat (carefully) so that it flows a tiny bit of water even
when closed.

The amount of water flow does nothing; but it allows air bubbles to leak
through, and the system will self-purge (into the highest point,
hopefully the radiator tank!).

I found this on the net, and it's one of those things that can't go
wrong, even if it doesn't solve your problem no harm done.