Re: [Amc-list] 67 Ambassador convertible is finally in the pain shop!

Re: [Amc-list] 67 Ambassador convertible is finally in the pain shop!

" From: Joe <jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" YeeHaa!  Finally after owning my 1967 Ambassador DPL convertible
" for 6 years it's finally in the body/paint shop!!
" []
" Anyway, so far so good!!  I'm thinking of adding sub-
" frame connectors just to reinforce it!!  It has NO body sag, NO
" floor/rocker panel rust..  etc!!  BUT thought it would be a good
" idea since the unit body metal is probably getting slight metal
" fatigue?  Any thoughts on this?  I'm never getting rid of this car.
" Love driving it.  Drives/rides very nicely, except for those
" manual drum brakes!  I have a re-manufactured booster assemby i'm
" going to install so i won't need my anchor anymore!

i loved the ride of my '67 marlin, but i replaced the springs with
factory hd and shocks with twin-tube gas [red ryders, i think].  by
modern standards this still wasn't very stiff, just nicely firm.
originals were way too mushy, and the rears were sagged 2".

i also thought about locating a wagon rear sway bar but never got
around to it.  and i thought mopar rally wheels [stockton repros]
would look very good on these cars.  i had 15x8" with 235r60s in mind.

i never had a problem stopping with the manual drums, but i'd go disk
before power if i needed more.

subframe connectors make some sense.  convert floorpans are reinforced
more than sedans, but they take -all- the stress.