[Amc-list] Overflow, overflowing

So I have talked to many mechanics at various dealers and private
shops and nobody can give me a good answer to why my overflow tank on
my radiator is overflowing. Here is the story, about a month ago I
drove my 70 Jav with a 360 (slightly built) to my brothers shop 15
miles away. It was a nice night so I was driving a bit harder then
normal just having fun with my car. When I got there my overflow tank
was spraying out the overflow hole. I have stared with simple repairs
and gone up, I have replaced the line to the overflow tank and
cleaned it to make sure it is not blocked and has a tight connection
to the radiator. I have replaced my rad. cap, I have taken out the
thermostat. I have done multiple pressure tests on the rad. to see if
it builds pressure and it does not. I do not have any white smoke or
coolant in my oil. I have driven it up to 80 miles with out getting
on it and the level in my overflow tank does not change but, I can
take it out when it is cold and drive it hard for 2 miles (a few hard
starts off the line) and it will be overflowing before I can get the
hood open. I was just told to put a 15lb cap in the radiator since it
is not a stock motor it may need a higher pressure cap.  I have been
told it was the head gasket or cracked head, but since it does not
build pressure when I drive it without getting on it that does not
seem like the problem either. Could I be looking at some kind of
vacuum leak? Any help would be great. I don't want to pull my heads
if I don't have to.

Keith Evenson