[Amc-list] Chrysler sale

>>>WHERE the heck did anyone pay $85 / hour????? I've never heard of even 1/3 that per hour for factory workers! <<<

Here we go again blaming autoworkers for the ills of the US automakers.
The report I saw said that the average car in the US takes 27 Man hours of labor to assemble. Japan was 22 because they use more robots.
IF, and I say IF they make $85 X 27 hrs they contribute about $2300 to the cost of a car. NOT out of line, in my opinion. The average "cash back" deal is better than that right now.
Once the imports caught and surpassed the US automakers in quality and price and the BIG 3 didn't pick up the pace, the writing was on the wall. Those decisions were made in the ivory towers of management and IMHO that's where the problems are.
My rant over.
Don