Re: [Amc-list] Classic Brakes

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>    IMHO the swap to dics can be easier and less stressfull than trying to fix problematic drum brakes.
> There are those who will argue.

Oh yeah, only a fool would prefer drums over discs! Oh wait, that's me.

Seriously -- unless you're restoring, or just an inexpensive brake
"tuneup" will get yours going, a switch to disc brakes may be not only
better, but cheaper or a wash. There may be more reasons to keep drums
besides "they're working fine", but I can't think of any!

www.scarebird.com has adapters for inexpensive late-model parts. I think
the parts you need are all listed and you can get new for cheap.

AMC stuff of course bolts on, but it's getting scarcer and not cheap.

(All my cars have factory disc or disc conversions, *except* the
American where I am hot-rodding drum brakes for fun and
see-what-can-be-done.)