From: "Tom O'Hara" <tom_ohara@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 5:14 PM
Subject: [Amc-list] Electrical System - 1974 Hornet

> I am looking for help with an odd thing that happened to my Hornet.
> For lack of a better description, it is experiencing a complete electrical
blackout - no lights, radio, door buzzer or anything.
> It happened when trying to start it the other day - it just went dead.  I
did get a couple of signs of life when jiggling my ignition switch with the
key turned to the On position.
> I can understand how the switch could cause the car not to start, but it
seems odd that I can't even turn on the headlights which I figured would be
a different circuit.
> Do all wires somehow go through  the ignition switch area?  I will happily
accept any and all ideas on what to check.

http://216.21.215.31/fc/JkJQPThSOXzo14ydljjk0J7NtHIOGm5nWEwB4xjdw9MzdvTqvfyrVw/