[Amc-list] Locking gas cap.

I don't think this has been discussed on the list before.

My 65 American came with a set of keys but the gas cap key was not included.  I have accumulated lots of keys but nothing fits, although it's a generic locking cap.

Any suggestions for removing it besides a locksmith?  I'll be removing the whole tank to empty it, so assuming I can remove the filler neck at some point I can eventually take just the filler neck to my favorite locksmith.
I haven't looked on this sedan, but the American hardtop filler necks are removable I think.

Just wondered if there are any magic shortcuts.

Joe Fulton
Salinas,CA