Re: [Amc-list] OT: Ford Speedometer issues

Re: [Amc-list] OT: Ford Speedometer issues

I'm a bit back-logged on email from this group, so someone else may have touched on this already.  My Ford Ranger (1999 model) uses a little sensor in the differential to control the speedo.  I had the same problem as you - bouncy needle that sporadially worked, then quit altogether.  The fix was to replace the pick-up sensor.  It cost about $20 and took less than 10 minutes to replace.

- Justin