Re: [Amc-list] 195.6OHV "full flow" oil -- to the head

Frank Swygert wrote:

> In the original design half the oil was being dumped right back into
> the pan. Hmmm... leave the T in, just run the through line to the
> other side of the pan rail with no filter in between. But then I
> wonder if too much will flow through and not enough to the rockers --
> the filter creates a bit of restriction.

Yeah, there is likely very tweaky subtlety in there. A cut-off valve
cover and the motor run to 3000 would probably tell me.

There is a cast lip, what, 3/8"? high, that contains 90% of the oil. THe
seal immersed would probably leak like crazy, and from a service POV, a
piece of gasket crap partially blockign a drain hole esp. in back would
make a real mess.

I will look at this on the new motor, but am now unlikely to touch the
one in the car. Hopefully I can get the stock oil pump drilled out for a
remove full-flow filter and skip this crap.