Re: [Amc-list] Mid 80s Jeep A/C

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Tom, Do you think that A/C compressor bracket was a Jeep or Eagle/concord piece? Just wondering?
> Looks like it may be a good starting point for most A/C onto six cylinder retrofits.

I used an 80's cast aluminum bracket that mounts the alternator below
and the Sanden up high. Three bolts, two on the head. The lower one
moved when the raised the deck. I simply lopped off the lower bit of the
ear, milled off (you could hacksaw/file easy enough) the rib and drilled
the hole an inch higher.

I'd long ago put the "one wire" alt on the lower drivers side. and did
not move it. Though you could easily enough.

> The 80's Concord and Eagle alternator setup sucked! You had a single belt dropping down from the compressor and they were a bear to get installed and tightened properly!

Oh right... my 70 Hornet has an 83 motor, with the alt driven off the
A/C compressor. I don't recalling it to be THAT bad. Since I wired that
ar from scratch I just put the alt on the modern side.