Re: [Amc-list] 96 Dodge Truck with 3.9 V6?

Re: [Amc-list] 96 Dodge Truck with 3.9 V6?

Jerijan, it sounds like it's not getting enough fuel. Check/replace the
fuel filter first. After that I'd see if there is a fuel pressure
regulator. 96 may have the regulator in the tank with the fuel pump. If
there's a return line there's a regulator with a vac hose attached just
before the return line. Disconnect the vac hose (plug it) and see if
that helps. If it does it's the regulator that's bad. Otherwise check
the fuel pressure. There should be a shraeder valve (tire type valve)
somewhere on one of the rails. It should have 35-45 psi all the time --
I don't know what specific pressure that one needs, you might be able to
google that. If pressure is low the fuel pump is the problem.

The TPS can cause the same problem. If it's not giving the correct
voltage range it's not telling the computer to give the engine more fuel.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"