Re: [Amc-list] Anyone Around Charlottesville VA know anything about 96Do

Re: [Amc-list] Anyone Around Charlottesville VA know anything about 96Dodge Truck with 3.9 V6?

Sounds like the drivers in the computer are bad, BUT a bad ground cable (at the block) or an alt that is periodically AC spiking can mess things up considerably.

From: "jerijan baldwin"
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Anyone Around Charlottesville VA know anything
	about	96Dodge Truck with 3.9 V6?
To: ,	"'AMC/Rambler owners,drivers and fans.'"

I checked the fuel pressure at the point where the manual (Haynes
UseLessAsARuleBooks) said to.  It was 'within the norms'.
Fuel Filter is part of the fuel pump if I'm correct.  (this is from Memory-I
think it was in Haynes, not sure...but not sold 'separately').
Injectors have had lots of cleaner put thru 'em, as well as those not 'tick
tick tick'ing replaced.  (there WERE faulty injectors which caused a
noticeable miss (skip) when running, and shot the correct codes in OBDII
(misfire in cylinder XXX) or something like that.
It also took out the coil at one point.  I was wicked happy to put a new
coil in, only to find the old problems still resident!
This truck 'multiprocesses' failures; this drives me straight up a tree!
When you stumble on an actual failed part you think you've got it, only to
find, *SIGH*...
"Now What"?
Feeding the carb cleaner down the 'hole' gives me hope (I can't believe the
power this thing SHOULD ...or is that 'could' develop?
I'm going outside now to hook up some of the junk left off last check and to
recheck fuel pressure 'under load'.  Seems though 141lbs (or whatever it
was) should be sufficient.  Perhaps the real test is 'Gallons per minute'
out of the fuel line?  If that really 'squirts', it ought suffice, yes?
Jj