Re: [Amc-list] T-96...

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> funny my clutch noise comes and goes too.
> Problem is I have not found a reason for it to come or go!
> It squeals like a pig with the pedal depressed.
> I installed a beam clamp for all thread as a pedal stop to keep from depressing the pedal all the way to the floor and that helps, but it still happesn from time to time.
> I'm not fixing it anytime soon though.
> I figure if I let it go long enough it will either break or be a visible when I do pull it as to what is causing the noise!
>   I put a new topname release bearing in last time I was in there for the noise too! Still makes it.  ARG

Could be noe of the above! Like this one, who knows? It was clearly
something done by the car wash wand. I think the fingers run close to
the case, so any casting flash or bump could pick up a twig, or washer,
and get plucked like a card in bicicyle spokes.

Maybe yours has a tiny dent in a tin shield or casting bump, and a
slightly long finger; or the TO bearing outside is .002" larger and
touches the fingers when pressed all the way.

I hate those kinda things, but it sounds like it's not a real problem.

But in old cars, things like that are a matter of pride when it happens
around non-old-car people. "ew, whats wrong with your car dude? is it
gonna blow up?" or something. We got standards man!