[Amc-list] Dead Shorts melt metal.........

[Amc-list] Dead Shorts melt metal.........

How correct you are Mark,

I have heard stories of guys who have touched a ring between a hot wire and
a ground.
The ring melted right into the flesh on the finger, it got very hot very
quickly.
I have heard of similar happenings with metal watches around hot wires.
I watched a guy dead short a piece of clothes hanger wire across the
positive and negative terminals of a 12 volt car battery,
The wire instantly turned white hot and melted ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I never did wear any of that stuff on my hands or wrists.
I'm still wearing my trusty seven year old Timex watch with a fabric wrist
band, epoxy watch body and velcro hasp.
Non conductive.

Armand

> Having any thing metal, especially nice highly conductive gold come in
contact with hot wiring behind the dash can be very unpleasant!!!