Re: [Amc-list] John Conde

RE:John Conde

I have not seen any one mentioning it and so I will even if it late.
AMC Historian John A. Conde died August 29,2008 at age of 90. John
had been in ill health for some years now. For those newbies out
there John was "THE" public retaliations director for AMC for about
35 years. John wrote all the Nash , Rambler and AMC family albums. He
salvaged a considerable amount of AMC and Nash literature, photos ,
press kits and production figures. Those of us in the hobby for a
long time and who knew John bought a good deal of our AMC and Nash
literature collections off John. There was a brief notice in the Sept
11 Old Cars weekly and a full page article in old Cars weekly in the
October 2 issue of Old Cars weekly. Pat Foster had just done a full
article on John Conde in the October issue of Collectible Automobile.
I heard of John death at the AMC Nationals in Cordova while I was on
Vacation, so I'm just getting organized after my return Home. thanks,
LRDaum mramc@xxxxxxxxxxx