[Amc-list] AMX AC

Mark,

Thanks for the idea.

Getting rid of the York is a combination of looks and operation. The vibration of the York is a problem as well as the placement. It's a big unit mounted right up front on the pass side of the engine. The lack of vibration of the round compressors contributes to the longevity of the system by NOT producing leaks.

Somehow I seem to remember the Sanden unit mounting low on the driver side, if not, I have no problems with mounting a round compressor where the York was. Can you get a Sanyo with a V-belt pulley. Does someone make an adapter to mount the Sanyo in the stock or other position? Maybe what I saw was a Sanden mounted where the air pump used to be.

Thanks for the help.

Don

Don,

I think all th efactory V-8 mounts are high.

I can't recall exact placement, but seems to me they where on the passenger side?

A low on the drivers side mount would probably be a tight fit between engine and steerin box, but would indeed be a clean place to hide on if it actualy would tuck in there!

If your car is show oriented I'd consider just going with a chromed or polished sanyo on an adapter to the York bracket.

I can't recall, the exact look of the old York mounts or placement, so I will apologize if it is too ugly to consider!!!

--

Mark Price

Morgantown, WV