Re: [Amc-list] FW: [JGC] Re: considering buying a 2002 or 2003 limited.

Re: [Amc-list] FW: [JGC] Re: considering buying a 2002 or 2003 limited. Advice?

It's a misconception that the 4.7 was designed by the Germans.
More likely to have been French during the deisgn time period!
The earlt problems are and where mostly connected to oil weights and change intervals!
Not something we here would ever have a problem with!
My Dakota had 87K on it and did not use a drop of oil between changes, ran great no issues at all.
My Jeep keeps having an intermittant check engine light due to the evap system.
Nothing related to the 4.7L at all!

Like I said, If I did not have large pile of 327's laying around I'd be putting a stroker or a 4.7L V8in the convertible.
  There was a guy on one of the Dakota forums last year with a 05-06 Dakota 4.7L engine,2wd trans and all electronics for $2500.  Toss a seto of H.O coams in a non HO motor and your good to go.
   The specs on the 08 motors are more impressive, if the control system is not a nightmare to sort out.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV