-----------
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 15:29:46 -0400
From: "Bruce Griffis" <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>

I gave up on trying to be fancy with the line from the fuel pump to
the carb. I talked to a guy at Napa (after going through a couple 40"
lengths of 5/16" steel fuel line). He suggested using the dark easy
bending stuff. He simply ran straight up from the fuel pump, over the
valve cover and up to his carb on his straight 6 Jeep. Hmmmm, sounded
easy. Said when he takes off the valve cover, he just unhooks his fuel
line from the carb and turns it out of the way.

We checked the valves and they were fine. I tightened a few, loosened
a few - but they were all very close. I'm starting to think the noise
is from the access plates - so picked up some Right Stuff and will
address it this week.

If was fun being on the road again.

--
Frank Swygert