Re: [Amc-list] OT: Removing 91 Grand caravan windshield

Re: [Amc-list] OT: Removing 91 Grand caravan windshield

A few years back I was at my favorite junkyard "shopping" on a Saturday
afternoon, and noticed two of the yard workers and an apparent customer make
their way to a 70's vintage Camaro.  As I recall... they popped the hood,
leaned over the radiator area with a wire cutter, and snipped the hood
release cable.  They then pulled out the cable from the passenger end - the
"T" handle on one end, bare wire on the other.  Then they removed the chrome
trim from the windshield, worked a hole through the gasket surrounding the
windshield (not sure if it was rubber, or the "tarry" stuff), and slipped
the bare end of the cable through the hole.  They then proceeded to "saw"
their way around the windshield - one guy inside the car using the T-handle,
the other outside with a vise grips on the raw end of the cable - severing
the gasket.  One of the yard guys then sat in the front seat, pressed his
size-12 gently along the inside of the windshield, and... cracked it. Big
frown on customer's face when he was informed that the only windshield of
its type in the yard was now garbage.

Entertainment is where you find it...