[Amc-list] thanks Tom Morrison

I wanted to say a quick THANKS to Tom Morrison up in Maine who took time to
reply for my Eagle rear end 3:54 wanted ad a few weeks ago. He pulled it
from his SX/4 he is parting out, and risked a few hernias loading it,
helping FedEx Freight load it also as they showed up early (before they were
supposed to) and woke him up, and being a night owl like me, well, one can
get really grumpy when someone rings doorbell or calls at 'non night shift
hours' you know. I also wanted to say big thanks to wife Paige who instead
of me using my FedEx account, she used hers since she deals with oilfield
equpiment here in Houston so got really good discount shipping that ton of
lead from Maine to Texas. And also my mechanic who put all my new brakes,
drums, lines and so forth on my little 81 Eagle wagon when the rear came in,
and only charged me labor (labour if Canadian) so thanks to Phillip Montoya
also.

My Eagle is back on the road and runs super and gets a whopping 25+ miles
per gallon, better than both my other Eagles, as it is a factory four
cylinder, four speed on floor. It almost didn't get fixed either as while it
sat at Phillips waiting for me to find a darned 3:54 rear end for SIX
MONTHS...hurricane Ike came thru. And only by grace of God that my two cars
over at Phillips didn't get destroyed......the Eagle just missed getting
flattened by a 5+ ton tree that decided like many trees in Houston, blow
over, but since wind was howling from north (we were on western side of eye
wall Sept 13th)  the tree fell south! If the hurricane had come in as
predicted and not jogged slightly to east, winds would have come from
northeast....and the huge tree would have fallen on the car like so many
others crushed! My 72 Ambassador wagon has some big dents in roof as carport
collasped on it, then blew away and only the steel remained. I'll have to
knock out the dents but otherwise Bessie the Ambo fine.

I have the 81 Eagle back at the house again and it has already made up for
lost hurricane duty ferrying me back and forth to Home Depot, Wal Mart and
other places picking up things to repair the house from damage. Eh, and it
gets good gas mileage too, and lucky for us most gas stations have
electricity and open in this area again.

So thanks Tom Morrison for the helping out a fellow AMC fan, thanks wife
Paige for being middleman with FedEx and thanks Phillip for doing grunt work
and putting that end to end rear end back in my Eagle.

One of the photos here shows some damage at my mechanic's shop the tree is
barely visible but did take out 8 foot fence on south property line, the
other is eagle back at house, ya'll ignore the trash on street, there is
over 1 million cubic yards of debris here in Houston to be picked up from
Ike.......PS I removed the photos for the amc-list herr but will have a
hurricane Ike file on my site soon with lotsa photos.

Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com