[Amc-list] IT ROLLS

no not my joint, er, cigarette roller, I'm talkin bout the green
weenie........
sheesh didn't even know I still had the roller............
oh for days gone by.............
Naw the weenie got wheels again
the weenie ain't got no brake drums no more but it got motion.....
the drums were so corroded to the shoes, even heating them didn't break them
loose.
I finally just said screw it and began in earnest to destroy 38 yr old
drums.
they were all run out anyway, like I figured........
not a good part left behind the drums except for the backing plates.... I
managed to save them.
The self adjusters had self adjusted for the last time ever many years ago,
they were so frozen that even chucked
up in the vise they just wanted to rotate the whole thing instead of the
threads. Junk , Junk, Junk. well scrap metal any way.
I wrapped on the gas tank..... sounded pretty full, took the gas cap off,
smelled more like varnish than gasoline.
The inside of the filler neck is rusty, that means the inside of the tank is
rusty too. tank is junk, gotta get rid of the varnish, er gas...
probably burn it on sunday night at the camp fire............
I had to cut the u bolts that hold the drive shaft to the yoke at the axle.
They were rusted in there so badly that they wouldn't budge either. I was a
bit disappointed to find the axle is not twin grip........after all the car
is a 360 with A/C so the guy that ordered it wanted a little bit of
coolness, but then again it has the steering column auto shifter. It does
have the padded console.... needs resto of course. If any one is interested
in any of the stuff I'm taking off this car let me know.....
I'm keeping the A/C parts.......
I had to raise the car in the air, I found it amusing that now the passenger
door doesn't open any more...twisted rusty and weakened body. It would be a
glorious Phoenix if this car rises and overcomes the rust to become a Penske
Donohue Trans AM clone.
My doubts are surfacing, can you tell.................
then again maybe what I should do is just hang the good sheetmetal off this
car on a full tube frame chassis, fiberglass fenders, just use a steel roof
like the Trans Am cars of the 80s.

Have a great AMC day all,

Armand