Re: [Amc-list] Definitive fuel tank fitment

Jim Blair wrote:

> That stuff isn't hard to work around. It's the fuel opening being in
> the wrong place. A hole saw will make any of the other openings
> needed work, but the fill hole is more temperamental.

I've been meaning to post on a similar subject... I assume I'm not the
only one having increasin difficulty simply gettin gas into the tank,
due to the new gas formulations (weird surface tension issues make for a
strange foaminess) and the new-fangled vapor-recovery nozzles in use in
Los Angeles (and I assume other urban areas).

It's gettin really bad. Even wiht an empty tank, I have to fill at a
super-slow rate else it foams all over and comes out the neck overflow.
It's a huge hassle.

I'm thinking of seeing if I can adapt filler systems from late-model
cars, though they all hide behind doors because they're all butt-ugly.
Or at least see how they arranged the air return business.