Re: [Amc-list] T-14

Yep, all you need is a bell housing and flywheel. Just make sure the bearing retainer hole is the right size. I think the T-14 has the same size as the SR-4/T-4/T-5, so the late 70s "multi fit" bell should work. If the bearing retainer hole isn't the same size get a T-6 bearing retainer and drill it (or the front of the trans) to fit the T-14. I did that to mount a T-96 and had no problems (redrilled an SR-4 retainer).

-----------
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 13:26:03 -0400
From: Jim Boone <fljab@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I have my '67 Rebel Wagon with the stock 232 and a T14.  The T14 was added later as originally it had a T96.  I'd like to put in a good running 258 I have from a '72.  Will changing over the T14 just require the later bellhousing and it should bolt right up?

The 258 I have is from an automatic car (has a 904 attached to it), so I would have to scrounge up the parts to make it a manual (bellhousing + flywheel).

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"