Re: [Amc-list] Progress, sort of

a 3/8" bolt if supported on both sides, 1/2" if supported on only one should be more than sufficient. A 1/2" rod supported well in the center with a pedal on each side would be great (run it through a square tubing support?). I don't think a replacable bushing is necessary unless you plan on spending hours a day on it several days a week. I wouldn't even bother with a grease zerk, just grease it up and slip it on. Make the end easy to get off so the pedal can be slid off if the grease gets hard 3-4 years later, clean and re-grease. Typical farm shop stuff!

----------
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 18:21:00 +0000
From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx

Eastwood has the design shrinker/stretcher stand I'm aiming towards.

There should be no side forces at all.

Something akin to a brake pedal is in mind for action.
Not a Z-bar.

I was actually thinking of a large diameter bolt in a pipe with a zerk maybe.

yeah longer on the whole contraption to spread wear would be good.

I'd kind of like to make the wear surface replaceable, but in reality I doubt it is needed.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"