[Amc-list] stuff to do with old cars... California Melee

[Amc-list] stuff to do with old cars... California Melee

I've been itching to do more Stuff with my Ramblers, and a friend found
this event mentioned on Jalopnik...

http://www.californiamelee.com/index.htm

So I'm thinking a rally-prepped (sic) 63 American with OHV and 3spd+OD
might be fun in it... wish me luck. Disc brakes, a sway bar, lowered an
inch, I wonder if I can get negative camber out of that front end...

I'm half serious. It's 99% furrin cars, but there was some big 40's
American car... and they seem to have the fun attitude that the 24 Hours
of LeMons people have -- SHUT UP AND DRIVE!

I already emailed 'em to inquire.

See the LINKS page for more oddball events. I think kar kulture changes
are afoot! Good, it's about time!

PS: my 70 Hornet was beloved by the LeMons crowd; they even knew what it
was, and they found AMCs history endearing, not threatening. I suspect
this crowd will be similar enough.