Re: [Amc-list] RUST

IIRC, Galvins makes a repair panel.
As Tom said you have to remove the heater box and then stand on your head swearing for a few hours....
It can be fixed with the dash in, make a winter project and do it right.
Depends on the actual amount of rust.
I'm not sure on the 63 how the wiper motor sits.
On 65-66 the bottom area under the pwer motor traps crap and it rots out too.
Leaving multiple holes into the interior.

I've got it all welded up on the convert.
I went so far on it as to remove the outside air intake for the heater motor and build a taper down to drain it with no crud trap.
   For it's heater box, I plan on am aftermarket unit, so no need for the air intake.

There is a bandaid approach that is quite effective.
Go to a sign shop and get a magnetic sheet big enough to cover the vent area completely. Trim it for around wipers and so it fits flush.
   Stick it on and drive!!!
No more leak, peel it off at car shows.
usually the heater will draw enough air from inside the car around the rust and up thru the drains to work OK. Maybe some extra fogging of windows.
  It will save your floors and carpet till the rust gets repaired.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: "Thomas Garner" <Tgarner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>