-----------
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 18:56:09 +0000
From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx

I once machined the balanced Lip off of rear drums on a half ton checy truck to fit 6 lug Jeep wheels.
No vibration resulted, but they were on the rear.
If you could find a shop that still spin balances on the car they could balance out any vibration should it occur.

  I'd agree with Frank and install a spacer if one will fit and allow the wheel/tire to still fit the car.

If not, I'd get out the hammer and knock the weight off...

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"