Re: [Amc-list] T-96 woes...

Joe Fulton wrote:

> I think I'd cannibalize that other tranny and use a new snap ring next time then pehaps take my time and strategize about using the T-14 and finding a new axle.  It's good that you rebuilt the tranny though.  Think of the hassles you could have with a transmission shop over this failure if they did the work.  Get that little Rambler back out in ciruculation.

Ah, Joe, the voice of reason... :-)

Yeah, after a week to grouse and grumble I'm sure that's exactly what
I'll do. It's the shortest path to driving. And I have enough parts
laying around to mock up T-14 or T-5 and adapter without taking this car
apart to do it.

I'll probably pull the spare apart to make sure that it's got useful
parts, and I'll order a new snapring in the mean time.

I'll use the old clutch shaft to make sure I don't have a depth problem,
somehow. If there's one thing worse than this problem, it would be it
happening a second time!

> I have a T-96 here at home I've been saving for parts. If you really need something let me know.  I've been holding that tranny in reserve since I have a T-96/overdrive combo in a 64 Classic that I think only needs a clutch, but could have tranny problems too.

You will also be welcome to parts of out my spare once I've torn it down.