Re: [Amc-list] ferrambo posted!!!!

Nick,
  You said you would leave the car just like it is. Hey, if an AMC'er
could afford to pay a million for the car, I sure they could afford to
put a well built AMC engine in it.

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 08:21:49 -0700 (PDT) Nick ALFANO <71amx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> Granted a $1mil is a lot to pay for any car but consider what this
> is.  To win the Riddler award, this is not anything any of us would
> see parked in our show fields.  This is a custom fabricated from
> front to back hand made car for the most part.  One that goes
> through judging scrutiny of the very highest caliber and competes
> against cars that cost at least that to build.  The paint job alone
> on that car cost more than most of us put in the entire restoration
> of our cars.  Now it might not be for everyone, but this is truly a
> car that even Chip Foose would spend a couple years building full
> time and still not be good enough to win a Riddler award. More of a
> car someone with a lot of money wants so they can compete at that
> level.  Probably would never see regular paved roads except for
> being loaded and unloaded from a trailer.
>
> I am not one for putting another make engine in my AMC cars but I
> would own this car in a heart beat and leave it just the way it is
> if I could.
>
> Just my $.02
>
> Nick
>  Alfano Performance
> 4849-76 st.
> Kenosha, WI. 53142
> 262-308-1302
> 262-942-8271 after 6pm central and weekends

Jock Jocewicz - President/Editor NAMDRA  NAMDRA@xxxxxxxx or
namdra1@xxxxxxx
8537 Antioch Rd., Salem, WI 563168  (262) 843-4326
                 JOIN NAMDRA - the best AMC club around!!
30th. AMC NATIONALS - SEP.11-13. 2008 - CORDOVA DRAGWAY PARK
AMO#19, NAMDRA#46, AMCRC#974, NHRA#41915, IHRA#6766