Re: [Amc-list] where'd everyone go?

All, the lists drop way off in late July and August.
It'll likely come back as people start back to normal life and work and more work and yet more work, oh and school too...

   My shoulder has flaired up and is driving nuts again.

My wife is turning into her mother and best friend, anything the kids want she slips them with out telling me. so I won't complain.
  I don't normaly mind as we are doing well, but she gets a bit carried away with handing out the $20 bills for stuff.
Arg. I don't want to end up with a couple of college graduates living in my basement with me and her paying their bills.
   The oldest just started college and he seems to think we owe him most anything he wants and she keeps giving.
He nailed a couple of good scholarships, three actually, so with room and meal plan we are paying $2300 a semester, books and all! which if anyone has kids in college they know is a good deal!

   I put about 200 miles on the American over the weekend, not much to write about as it is as reliable as an old Timex! 25-28 mpg and just plain cruises. I ran with traffic on the interstate a couple of times 80mph is no sweat at all!
   I got a real itch to get the Ambassador done so I can move on to either finishing up the thngs I want to do to the American or, I really have a hankering for a 64-65 American to build as a three seasons driver!
   Nothing fancy, 4.0L stick with A/C and P/S, four wheel discs, swaybars and some sticky 65 series tires tucked underneath. Probably no paint job, just rustrepair if neaded and primer spots to keep the thieves at bay.

   I ordered a shrinker/stretcher from HF last week. I'm waiting for it to arrive so I can weld up a set of stands for it and the shear. Once those are in place I hope my shoulder will allow me to get going. The plan is to build the stands low enough that I can work the tools standing straight and not have to put my right arm over shoulder height to do anything. I got a feeling that even if my shoulder calms down completely in the next year or so, well, I'm betting the problems will return sometime in the next 10-20 years.  about 50% of partial shoulder replacements end up being redone with total replacements... I wish I'd have known that. Damned crystal ball must have been fogged up last time I looked into it....

  I put an airraid junior on the Grand Cherokee. Opened the intake into the stock box up. Haven't seen any real gains in mileage, maybe a tenth or so. It does seem to have an ever so slightly better pickup when you mash it. I don't mash it often though. I get about 17.2 mpg all around right now and with gas the way it is. I don't like to waste it.  The good thing about having the Jeep is it gives me an excuse to drive the American more! Better gas mileage on the American!

  I figure that if I can get the Ambassador running and driving I'll be selling it off as I doubt it is going to be a keeper.
You never know though. Love to do it up to run lpg, propane or E85. Probably one of the bottled gases as they don't go stale like E85 or gasoline does, at least I don't think they do????

How's this for a post?

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV