[Amc-list] 258 valve cover

Hello everyone!    I am building a performance 258 and I need to get a decent valve cover.  I bought one of those chrome ones on Ebay, and it is apparently not going to clear my springs/retainers.  I do not want to use the rusty old cover that came off of it.  There are always nice aluminum covers for the '81 to '86 heads for sale, but mine is a '72.  They look like they would fit.  Can they? I can't afford to get a new clifford cover.   Oh, the springs and retainers are crower bits, and the machine shop followed specs.  So, I don't think they stick out any further than stock.                             THANK YOU     Matt Walter