Re: [Amc-list] Popping the rebuilt head back on - prime and paint, or ju

Re: [Amc-list] Popping the rebuilt head back on - prime and paint, or just paint?

I'll second Mark's no-primer. The rough casting gives the paint plenty
of tooth.

Make sure you clean the outside of the head (and any other parts) really
well and then hose them down with brake parts cleaner before you paint.
The reason for the brake parts cleaner is it will remove any oil and
grease on the surface.

AMC used the same paint for the bodies and engines so you don't need to
try and find any special paint. The color is called Lancelot Turquoise
Poly and the Ditzler number is 12828. Galvin's carries this color in a
spray can (part # 01-0012, $18.25) which is probably cheaper than having
it mixed locally.

You do know that once you pop that freshly painted head and valve cover
back on, the rest of the engine is going to look pretty bad, right?

Matt

On 8/29/2008 10:25 PM, Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx spouted this sage advice:

--
mhaas@xxxxxxx