Re: [Amc-list] Throatless shear

I got my throatless shear from

http://www.tools4cheap.net/

Did a few quick test cuts this evening and it seems to work pretty well.
Looks like a nice quality casting too. No big flaws or rough sections and they finshed it nice too.
It went together easy. Some had complained about the handle hole being misdrilled on the HF piece.
Not on this one. It was a perfect fit.

The test cuts are smooth and clean with no ragged edge or puckering.

It would have been better if I had bolted it to the bench instead of holding it down though.
I ended the session by sticking a nice sharp point on one of the cut pieces into the palm of my hand.

Yep, I'm back!!!!   That's how I do things. Work or play, go till I bleed.... Then rest up till it heals :]

Oh, and this guy is up in newengland someplace and he ships way quick and well packed to!
$13 to ship it, Ordered it Wednesday had it today, UPS could not destroy the packaging, they tried.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV