Re: [Amc-list] Throatless shear

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Anyway, does anyone have any experience with NON HF Throatless shears?

At work we (ahem) bought one from Eastwood. It's an import, but
Taiwanese or at least decent-looking. Kinda like Grizzly vs. Harbor
Freight; Grizzly seems like it ought to be junk but it is pretty good
quality.

Alas, haven't installed it yet, so I can't tell you more. I was supposed
to have it set up a month ago. It'll be in before school starts.

Of course before I even got it BOLTED TO THE FRICKEN TABLE some stoont
nicked the blade probably put a 1/4" bolt in it. Likely the same dim
bulb what ground aluminum in the bench grinder.

Just got the new lathe setup yesterday.

(Our students aren't high school shop monkeys; they are what a friend
calls 'soft-handed new-media types', laptop kids. It's not their fault.
Not a single one of them ever had a pocket knife as a kid. If you want
to ask a revealing question? "When you were 10 did your parents let you
have a pocket knife"? Or ask that of the parents. Of course we cut our
hands with the damn things. B.F.D. That's why you get ten fingers.