Re: [Amc-list] Who knows Renaults? GTA? Ragtop!

Re: [Amc-list] Who knows Renaults? GTA? Ragtop!

Just after graduating from high school, i worked at the local
AMC-Jeep-Renault-Mazda-Toyota (say THAT ten times fast) dealer.  I
remember driving around (I was in the reconditioning bay) new Alliances,
Encores, and (18i) Sportwagons.  I thought they were OK, neither
fantastic or POSs.  I was really into Volkswagens at the time so I
didn't give the French competition the time of day.  I thought the
"weird" pulling up the catch at the shifter to enable you to go into
reverse strange.  After working there I worked at an all foreign car
parts shop and had quite a few customers who were happy with their
Renaults.  I even had one who absolutely loved his 18i Sedan.

Russ (from Pa.)