Re: [Amc-list] Who knows Renaults? GTA? Ragtop!

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hey, I actualy take some little offense on the square car comments...
> Ever look at a 66-69 American?
> If the square headligths would have been legal they's have been in there!

Them's fite-en werdz!

First, I don't consider the American's square. Second, I apologize if I
got too mean, I was funin'. It's obviously just taste. Some of us got
bad taste (ducks for cover).

> I've slept on the Renault

Wasn't that kinda uncomfortable?

> I know that there is no way it should be even started without a timing belt and idler pulleys being replaced.
> The only price I found mentioned abot $150 for the belt alone state side.

Yeah, the old interesting cars are always a mess that way. It's tough.
Is any of the driveline etc "common"? A few tough maint spots might not
be too bad if suspension etc is doable.

>    I did find enough to see it truly qualifies as an Orphaned child! Less support for those than our Ramblers!

We have, at least, decades of interchangable parts on our side.