Re: [Amc-list] 3.75 pistons

The pin dia. was .905 on my 3.8L buick pistons.  I had gotten them on Ebay as a matched set for about $40 with shipping. That was the good part. Then I had to find some good .930 wristpins. Found some(.125 shorter) nascar ones with that casidium coating on them. Although they were supposed to have been used in one race, there wasn't the slightest scratch on them(Ebay $75). Then I had to take them to the machine shop for bore/hone and press fit to my 4.0L rods($115). So they wound up costing me $220. The other fix that the shop had included in this was clearancing the pistons for the width of the rod. Now my super trick nascar pins look like they don't have a lot to support them. Theres plenty for my engine, but they just look short. Then I had the whole assembly balanced by Chris Stanley Motorsports in Kewadin,Mi., which meant he had to take them apart and press fit them again? He was fantastic though.  Anyway I cant get to the box to find the part #, but I looked up an ident
 ical single piston on Ebay from the same seller. #224-2761 std. They are for 1992 riviera/lesabre.