Re: [Amc-list] 72 360 with 3 bolt Blncr- Late flywheel?

Re: [Amc-list] 72 360 with 3 bolt Blncr- Late flywheel?

Jesse,
To the best of my knowledge, with 72 model year came the change on the
crankflange. If it's got a torqueflite it has the later flange and requires
a matching flywheel for that flange or machine work to the pre 72 crank
flange and an adapter. This information is readily available in the
"Performance American Style" book vintage 72 with copies and reprints on
Ebay all the time.
Best to stay with 72 and later engines as it's just easier and the later
flywheels are easily found or bought new.
It took me two years of searching to find the correct flywheel to mate to
the back of the 304 in my 70 Javelin.
Also make darn sure you will be installing the correct pilot bushing in the
back of the crank for the input shaft on the transmission.

Armand