Re: [Amc-list] overheating, and Smokey Yunick

Re: [Amc-list] overheating, and Smokey Yunick

I've watched a few drifter shows on Speed or similar.
I just could not get past the foo-foo or is all!
too much bling.

That being said yeah, tuners can and do make some very serious horsepower.
You just have to wade thru the shiney stuff to find the true horsepower freaks!

They would indeed know turbos.
The problem is going to be finding the guys that recognize we really are not that different!
Engines are the same prinicpally.
It's all in the design and how much you can squeeze into it, or out of it!

There's a guy linked to Mother earth news online building a car called MAX.
The problem is I can't find any real tech info!
He built a low roadster looking body and near as I can tell it is powered by a 3 cyl diesel tractor engine!
He's shooting for dependable, zippy and 100mpg!
Hid first car just got rearended and totalled, so he's redoing it "better".

Just not very friendly with his info, only a couple of pics and few blogs.
I mention it as it is the kind of body I'd envision the Navarro six would really scream in!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>