-------------
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 11:36:23 -0700
From: <rodbrundage@xxxxxxx>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMC-Javelin-AMX-1971-AMC-American-Motors-Javelin-AMX-71-AMX_W0QQitemZ120291080155QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120291080155&_trkparms=39%3A1|65%3A3&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245.l1318

This car is very interesting, as it's a 3-speed AMX but apparently with a go-pac
functional cowl induction.  Furthermore, it's an A/C car but with non-power brakes or steering.  Didn't power brakes/steering and a 4-speed come as standard on a Go-pac AMX in 1971?

I also noted the squared-off shifter boot section on the center console.  I've seen a few pictures before of squared boot sections vs. the oval (like mine is on my '71 Jav AMX), but now am guessing a squared one means 3-speed.

Anyway, this looks like a nice car from the pictures but has zero bids at the $20,000 minimum reserve.  Almost worth it just for the uniqueness of these options.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"