Re: [Amc-list] More Cheap Brakes

All I got.
hmm, since I don't save emails.
i'll have to skim over it.
I found rear 05 Mustang calipers on evilbay for $75, off a 25k mile car.
They should be on their way.
  05 up Mustangs all use vented rear rotors instead of the thin solid rotor.
Next was find a rotor.
   What I have found leads me to believe that for my purposes the rear rotors I hope work are from an 98 Avenger front.
They are vented 4.5" pattern and only 10.3" in diameter.
   I have found a guy on the evilbay that makes brackets to bolt up to the back side of Ranger and mustang 8.8" housings tube end flanges and the alignment using 99-04 Mustang rear  calipers is spot on. He uses Cobra 11.6" vented rear rotors and standard Mustang rear calipers. The thing I don't like about the earlier calipers is you have to grind the brackets out to fit over vented discs and Cobra pads are thin. But I'm pretty sure this would be the easiest way for discs on Casper as you have the room for the big discs.

I want to keep my 15" wheels, cause it's what I got! and they are good.

One I get the calipers here I plan on having the boys drag my spare amc15 up to outside the shop and i'll get this fingered out.

Love, to end up having spec'd out brackets to do small rotor and larger rotor combos for the 15.

Should be a very simple 1/4" steel plate.
That's what everyone I see making up the rears is going with.
 Since the rotational force is the main factor I believe it will be fine.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>