[Amc-list] Cold-air induction - 'All in the Family'

[Amc-list] Cold-air induction - 'All in the Family'

This Plymouth Barracuda aka 'Cuda Shaker Scoop - nicely done :

Ronald Griffin's Gremlin

http://pub43.bravenet.com/photocenter/album.php?usernum=3638298943&album=53512

http://www.avonhill.com/thumbnails/coupe_domestic/1971_Barracuda_coupe.jpeg

Found this on www.gremlinx.com - a Primo site - would like to contact Ronald
for some more Pictures.

The 'Cuda shaker is a rendition of the AMX hood scoop - only recessed &
shaakin.

Take a look at those nostrils & say it ain't so -

The Pontiac T/A shaker is a slick item.

It was 'functional'from the Factory - for only one year of production? -
due to EPA noise restricion.

The 'non-funtional' Ponti T/A shaker scoops can be made functional - there's
info. out on the mod - but also be aware there are 2 different shape / size
T/A scoops !  One is smaller flatter - one larger [ the one to have ].

I'll see if Pontiac Josh is around - he's got the years & nubers in his
head.

Brien, your suggestions/warnings are all good points.  Thank you.

* I make suggestions - I get warnings.

There is a dual-snorkel setup as well:
http://www.jegs.com/i/Spectre/865/9859/10002/-1

I didn't think about the rain, but I never drive this car in the rain
anyway
(but could always get caught in a thunderstorm!).

* Unless it's trailered 90% of the time - it's once that's a bummer.

Do you have that T/A Shaker hood on your ride?

* no - not yet anyway.

Any pictures of it?

* check the link at the top of this post -
this is the 2nd 'Cuda shaker install I've seen.
Other is on a light Blue Gremlin at a car show somewhere.

Looks like the other "TA", as in  "Trans Am", might also work (as in
this photo):

http://www.highperformancepontiac.com/tech/0407pon_pontiac_shaker_hood_scoops/photo_01.html

Here's one on Craig's list (in
Maine)...http://maine.craigslist.org/pts/771680240.html